Baked Ricotta Florentine
A new twisted on our classic baked ricotta. This verion inlcludeds spinach and sun-dried tomatoes.
- olive oil spray extra virgin
- 1/4 cup fresh spinach, chopped fine
- 2 tbsp minced sun-dried tomatoes
- 8 oz. ricotta cheese full fat or part-skim
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tbsp grated Parmesan cheeese
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
Grease your ramekins with olive oil.
Spray a saute pan with olive oil and heat to medium heat.
Saute chopped spinach in the saute pan until wilted.
In a medium bowl mix together ricotta cheese, mozzarella, parmesan, spinach, sun-dried toamtoes.
Divide mixture evenly among greased ramekins.
Top each ramekin with additional shredded mozzarella.
Bake for 15-20 minutes until cheese is melted and slightly browned.
- Use ramekins that hold 4-8 ounces. Ramekins that have measure lines to help you control portions.
- Ricotta cheese can either be full fat or part-skim depending on your taste. I use part-skim to help reduce calories.
- Make sure you grease the ramekins with oil. I use olive oil spray or olive oil infused with garlic or other herbs to enhance the flavor.
- A food chopper will help you minced the sundried tomatoes super fine.
- You can make baked ricotta ahead of time and either bake when you are ready to serve or reheat in the microwave or oven.
Serving: 4ounces | Calories: 158kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 11g | Fat: 11g | Saturated Fat: 7g | Cholesterol: 42mg | Sodium: 180mg | Potassium: 156mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 1g | Vitamin A: 390IU | Vitamin C: 1mg | Calcium: 219mg | Iron: 1mg