Celebrate the holiday's with a low sugar eggnog protein shake that will remind you of the classic holiday drink without the sugar, fat, and calories. Best yet, you will be helping to meet your protein need for the day!
I think eggnog is something you either love or hate. My hubby likes it. I don't really like it. I think eggnog is too sweet and too thick. Plus the idea of drinking raw eggs freaks me out!
Since I know a lot of people like eggnog, but might be missing out if they have changed their diet I decided to make my own version. My version of an eggnog protein shake does not contain egg though.
The egg used in eggnog is to make the drink frothy. I blend all of my protein shakes with ice, which makes them a bit frothy, so the egg isn't needed.
Tips to make a low sugar Eggnog Protein Shake:
- Ice! You need to blend the shake with ice to get the frothy texture since we are not using egg.
- If you can not find Rum extract (Walmart has it) you can use Vanilla extract.
- You can use any Vanilla protein you have. I used Premier, so the nutrition information is using this particular protein brand.
- If you use protein powder I would mix it with milk or a milk alternative NOT water. Keep in mind this will change the flavor and nutritional content (won't match my info).
Low Sugar Eggnog Protein Shake
- Combine vanilla protein shake and ice in a bender.
- Add in rum extract and cinnamon.
- Blend shake until smooth.
- Sprinkle nutmeg on the top of your protein shake.
More Protein Shakes you may enjoy:
Another shake perfect for the holiday season.
This shake will remind you of a peanut butter cup!
The perfect Fall inspired shake.
Items you may need to make a low sugar Eggnog Protein Shake: (Amazon Affiliate Links)